We are looking to add a House Manager to our Non-profit clients Seattle location. They are a non-profit that support seriously ill children and their families by providing housing and other essential support services at their facilities in Seattle, WA and Anchorage, AK. They are a nurturing staff that is dedicated to offering compassionate care to families while they call the Seattle house their home.
As a primary point of contact for the guest families, the House Managers work collaboratively to provide a welcoming, safe and supportive home for our client’s guests who are in the midst of a healthcare crisis. Rooted in hospitality principles, the position includes a blend of direct service to their House guests and overseeing the smooth execution of House operations within their shift.
Guest support responsibilities to include:
- Welcome, orient, and support families in using shared spaces and House resources,
- Serve as a resource for families settling into their new community and needing to navigate transportation, local resources and activities,
- Assist families with unique challenges or requests by identifying resources and problem solving with guests.
- Identify and escalate opportunities to provide additional support to a guest family,
- Partner with families around House policies, balancing House policy and a family’s situation.
- Respond to emergency situations involving a medical emergency or security matter,
- Collaborate with hospital Social Work, Guest Services, Security and Infection Prevention departments as needed.
- Ensure a clean and organized home for families by rounding the House throughout your shift completing necessary cleaning, organizing and restocking tasks.
- Support the Meal Program by stocking the breakfast buffet, House pantry, and boxed meals
- Utilize guest registration software and partner hospital EPIC software to complete guest registration.
- Use available interpretation services as necessary to provide services for a diverse population.
General operations responsibilities include:
- Be a positive representative of the House providing a warm welcome to volunteers, visitors and donors; always demonstrating gratitude and appreciation for the greater community and acknowledging that the ability to provide our level of care for guests relies on these partnerships.
- Collaborate with team members and with adjacent departments to ensure successful operations.
- Support volunteers who are onsite during your shift, being point of contact for front desk volunteers during their shift, delegating tasks to volunteers, leading volunteer groups, and collaborating and assisting with support volunteer program programs and enrichment activities.
- Process requests for housing in the evenings, weekends or during vacation coverage for the Housing Administrator as needed within shift.
- Be nimble in work assignment. Evaluate the staffing and operations events within the shift and work collaboratively with other team members to ensure necessary tasks are completed. This may involve covering the front desk, assisting or completing tasks of other teams as needed and supporting onsite programming and services.
- Accept, process, organize, and stock incoming donations.
- Provide tours to individual or group stakeholders.
- Complete necessary documentation by shift end.
- Covid Vaccination required and willing to wear a face mask at all times when on premises
- Passion for supporting and working with families through a difficult time
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Prior experience working with individuals or families in times of stress, grief, and crisis.
- Knowledge and experience related to hospitality, crisis intervention, trauma informed care, case management, and nonprofit work
- Ability and willingness to work independently and as part of a team to make sound judgments without onsite supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure with many interruptions.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to quickly apply and all qualified candidates will be considered.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 425.968.9000.