0 0 admin https://www.careerpathsnw.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/logo_250.png admin2021-08-10 20:27:522022-09-28 17:16:45Soft Skills are not just Resume Fluff…
Soft Skills are not just Resume Fluff…
Unlike technical hard skills, soft skills can translate across multiple industries. This is great news for someone looking to make a career transition or looking to fit into a new company/group. Here are some skills that you can leverage both when you are looking for a job and also when you need to excel in your new position.
- Communication: Whether written, verbal, or non-verbal, good communication is key at any job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Interpersonal skills allow an employee to relate to, communicate with, and work alongside others.
- Adaptability: The ability to go with the flow, roll with the punches, and embrace change as it comes.
- Problem-Solving: A set of skills that can be used in difficult, unexpected, or complicated matters that arise in the workplace.
- Leadership: Ability to guide others while reaching for the goals and mission of your organization on the whole.
- Organization: Organizational skills are important to offset any potential problems, to make sure you can adhere to project deadlines, and to keep clear communication open.
- Time Management: Time management is your ability to work smart.
- Creativity: Real creativity comes in handy at any workplace—whether in problem-solving, forging new directions, or developing new solutions to old problems.
- Emotional Intelligence: Emotional Intelligence, or EQ, is as simple as how you treat a server at a restaurant and as complex as how you navigate working with a particularly difficult coworker.
- Work Ethic: Without a good work ethic, your soft skills don’t serve anything without having a solid work ethic.