0 0 admin https://www.careerpathsnw.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/logo_250.png admin2021-08-10 20:27:522022-09-28 17:16:45Soft Skills are not just Resume Fluff…
Unlike technical hard skills, soft skills can translate across multiple industries. This is great news for someone looking to make a career transition or looking to fit into a new company/group. Here are some skills that you can leverage both when you are looking for a job and also when you need to excel in your new position.
- Communication: Whether written, verbal, or non-verbal, good communication is key at any job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Interpersonal skills allow an employee to relate to, communicate with, and work alongside others.
- Adaptability: The ability to go with the flow, roll with the punches, and embrace change as it comes.
- Problem-Solving: A set of skills that can be used in difficult, unexpected, or complicated matters that arise in the workplace.
- Leadership: Ability to guide others while reaching for the goals and mission of your organization on the whole.
- Organization: Organizational skills are important to offset any potential problems, to make sure you can adhere to project deadlines, and to keep clear communication open.
- Time Management: Time management is your ability to work smart.
- Creativity: Real creativity comes in handy at any workplace—whether in problem-solving, forging new directions, or developing new solutions to old problems.
- Emotional Intelligence: Emotional Intelligence, or EQ, is as simple as how you treat a server at a restaurant and as complex as how you navigate working with a particularly difficult coworker.
- Work Ethic: Without a good work ethic, your soft skills don’t serve anything without having a solid work ethic.