https://www.careerpathsnw.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/startup-photos.jpg 853 1280 admin https://www.careerpathsnw.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/logo_250.png admin2017-10-31 17:20:412021-02-02 22:03:46Writing Cover letters for Sales jobs in Seattle
Some handy tips to remember while writing cover letters
- In your cover letter, employers don’t only want to hear about you. They want to hear about themselves, too.
- The secret to writing a great cover letter: Pretend that the person you’re writing to already loves and respects you.
- Think of getting to know a company like getting to know a person. What is he or she like? Quirky? Serious? Snarky?
- To help with your cover letter jitters, just imagine you’re writing an email to the hiring manager.
- Your cover letter is meant to complement your resume—not reiterate it.
- Creepy pick-up lines don’t work in bars. They also don’t work in cover letters.
- Leave that phrase “To Whom it May Concern” out of your cover letter. Now.
- A salesy tone in a cover letter can overshadow your solid qualifications and make you seem pompous and aggressive.
- “I won’t pretend your company’s mission is my passion…” started the worst cover letter ever.
- Not quite qualified for the job? Don’t apologize for it in your cover letter.