(Panel Engineering) Design Technician I | $23/hr + Profit Sharing
Our client’s building materials and supply company is seeking a Design Technician I (Panel Engineering) to join their team in Kingston, WA. This role requires knowledge of blueprints, takeoffs, and design to originate truss design and placement taken directly from customers’ inputs on order forms.
Design Technician Job Responsibilities
- Originate truss design and placement taken directly from customers’ inputs on order forms
- Read blueprints, design walls, and bundle them according to blueprint layouts
- Process panel orders and must be able to speak to customers/framers regarding their packages to ensure that panels are designed correctly
- Handle estimate and takeoffs, revise layout and design drawings from previous jobs to reflect code changes and new technical products
- Write technical descriptions specifying material and properties
- Be mindful of structural wood products and related accessory items and suppliers
- Construction CAD education or experience
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and translate directions and orders to design and engineering
- Able to do some design work and is computer savvy
- Note: Not tool or industrial CAD! Construction/architectural/building-related only.
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable building materials and supply company with a focus on customer satisfaction and quality products. Our client values their employees and offers opportunities for growth within the company. If you have the required qualifications and are interested in joining our team, please submit your application today.
To apply, submit your application below, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 425.968.9000.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out our other jobs in the Seattle area, Seattle Building Materials jobs, and Seattle Skilled Labor jobs, or send us your resume to find a job that fits your needs.