Engineering Project Manager | $90K-$200K DOE
Our client’s company is a design-build mechanical contracting firm serving commercial and industrial customers, specializing in heating, plumbing, ventilation, and air conditioning systems. They are currently seeking an experienced Engineering Project Manager to join their team in Portland, OR.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 years of Project Management experience with multi-million dollar projects, a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, PMP certification, and a strong technical background, including knowledge of industrial capital equipment and components.
The candidate must have a solid understanding of cross-functional responsibilities and proven ability to lead/direct assignments, with experience in commercial contracts and ERP systems.
The candidate should also be familiar with LEED production practices and have software knowledge requirements, including Blue Beam, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office.
Engineering Project Manager Job Responsibilities
- Provide oversight to multiple projects, through planning, coordination, scheduling, financial/cost management, and contract administration.
- Serve as a resource/coach to other employee positions that manage individual projects.
- Assist company leadership with setting Project Management best-practices, including contracts, bill-rate tables, and quality assurance standards.
- Approve engineering designs/plans to ensure compatibility with customer requirements and specifications as needed/where applicable.
- Coordinate internal and external resources to perform manufacturing, assembly, installation, and testing activities as needed.
- Ensure proper conclusion of engineering projects, including customer acceptance and post-project analysis alongside senior management.
- Minimum of 7 years of Project Management with multi-million dollar projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering strongly preferred.
- PMP certification.
- Strong technical background, including knowledge of industrial capital equipment and components.
- Solid understanding of cross-functional responsibilities.
- Proven ability to lead/direct assignments.
- Experience with commercial contracts and ERP systems.
- Expert level written and oral communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with LEED production practices.
- Software knowledge including Blue Beam, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office.
If you have the necessary skills and experience and are looking to work with a company that values your expertise and provides the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, please submit your resume for consideration.