[Seafood] Transportation & Logistics Manager | $85K-$120K DOE
Location: Seattle, WA
Our client’s company, a leader in frozen seafood processing and distribution, is seeking an experienced Transportation/Logistics Manager to join their team. This critical role is responsible for efficiently managing all logistics, maintenance, and transportation functions of the branch. The successful candidate will supervise, train, and motivate team members to develop their productivity and ensure that resources are available to provide quality, efficient services and on-time performance to new and existing accounts.
This role requires a hands-on approach and the ability to work closely with sales, clients, and vendors to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery.
Transportation / Logistics Manager Job Responsibilities
- Manage all logistics, maintenance, and transportation functions.
- Supervise, train, and motivate team members.
- Work closely with sales, clients, and vendors for timely and cost-effective delivery.
- Process orders and complete all necessary documentation and paperwork.
- Sequence routes daily for maximum delivery efficiency.
- Oversee scheduling of drivers, vehicles, maintenance, overtime, and payroll.
- Manage incoming product from vendors, ideally domestic fisheries/brokers.
- Manage transportation, warehousing, loading/packing, and delivery of products.
- Ensure fleet management, routing, and safety compliance.
- Oversee the preparation of delivery documents and loading of products onto trucks.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in transportation supervision or management.
- Experience in managing transportation, warehousing, loading/packing, and delivery of products.
- Experience in fleet management, routing, and safety compliance.
- Bilingual in Spanish & English.
- Ability to ensure business operations on the 6th day (assigning a team lead, being on call if needed).
- Previous experience in the seafood, meats, or produce industry required.
- No job hoppers.
This role is crucial to the success of our client’s business operations. If you are a dedicated and experienced Transportation/Logistics Manager, fluent in both Spanish and English, and have a track record of successfully managing transportation and logistics in the seafood, meats, or produce industry, this is the perfect opportunity for you.