Field Service Technician | $18-$40/hr DOE
Location: Tacoma, WA
Our client, a full-service dealership offering repair, parts, and maintenance for heavy machinery, cranes, and forestry equipment, is currently looking for a dedicated Field Service Technician. If you have 3-5 years’ experience with electrical, hydraulic and computer-controlled systems, drive train, and engines, and are adept at communicating effectively, this role could be a perfect fit for you.
Field Service Technician Job Responsibilities
- Repair, diagnose, inspect, and maintain various types of forestry and earth-moving equipment, primarily servicing rentals and customer-owned equipment.
- Read and interpret both electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Troubleshoot various heavy equipment product lines.
- Drive company vehicle to/from company locations and job sites.
- Be available on-call and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Conduct thorough and accurate annual inspections.
- 3-5 years’ experience in electrical, hydraulic and computer-controlled systems, drive train, and engines.
- Ability to read both electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Extensive knowledge in troubleshooting various heavy equipment product lines.
- Possess own hand tools up to 1 1⁄2 inch in size.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check.
- Valid driver’s license with CDL endorsement for Washington, Oregon State, or Idaho.
- Factory, vocational, or mechanical training advantageous.
- Prior experience with cranes, excavators, and forestry equipment desirable.
- Proficient with basic computer software and comfortable using an iPad.
If you are an experienced field service technician with a knack for troubleshooting and repairing heavy machinery, we want to hear from you. This role provides an opportunity to work with a variety of heavy equipment, applying your expertise to ensure our customers’ machinery is well-maintained and reliable. Apply today and drive your career forward with us.