Our client is a National Manufacturer, distributor and processor of fresh and frozen seafood. Their lines of business include retail grocery distribution, food service, government and direct retail channels. They have multiple facilities and with exponential growth, are looking to raise the quality of any of their processing facilities not getting A+ ratings. This will require planning, execution and what is guaranteed is the backing of the entire leadership team, including company President.
What You’ll Do – The primary responsibility of the Quality Assurance Manager is to effectively plan, coordinate, manage and control all of the quality standards. The position reports to the President and provides leadership for operational objectives for multiple processing facilities.
Responsibility includes establishing acceptable product quality, contributing to strategic plans, proactively identifying and resolving problems as well as determining systemic improvements and implementing change.
Ideal Candidates should have:
• Experience determine the long range needs of a processing facility, developing plans and implement solutions.
• Experience managing and leading SQF/GFSI programs – including development, audits, training, teambuilding and sustainability
• Implement ongoing quality improvement processes working with interdepartmental teams
• Risk Management experience is preferred, but not required
• Experience managing multiple locations is preferred, but not required
Compensation: Our client has a structured compensation plan that starts with a base salary between $90-110K (DOE) and bonus structure based on personal and company performance.
Comprehensive Benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental and vision 401(k)
• Paid vacation and sick days
Candidates who meet these qualifications are highly encouraged to apply. This company is extremely motivated to hire and all qualified applicants will be considered.